Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What's New

Let's see... What's new? We have decided on a girl's and boy's name:

Vaida Kaelyn Hawkins

Izak Orion Hawkins

I know there is controversy over the name Vaida, but Ricky and I just couldn't find anything else we liked.

I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. I am a little over a week 'behind' what I would have been if I had normal cycles. Tristan was 'off' as well. I found this out before my first official OBGYN appointment (June 15th) because I've been having some spotting. I had some spotting with Tristan, too, but I needed peace of mind. I went in to get an ultrasound. There was no heart beat yet because the baby is too young still. She said in a few more days we would have seen it. No miscarriage. The bleeding is probably from the baby "implanting" itself, and it hit a blood vessel or something. I am on 'pelvic rest', so I have to rest, and try not to use my stomach muscles, try not to lift anything over 20 pounds (careful with Tristan). I think she said my due date was Jan. 31st, but i'll know for sure when I see the doctor. The funny part: she asked if I had used any fertility drugs to get pregnant. I almost had twins. There were 2 eggs, but only one developed into a baby.

Tristan is doing very well! He will be 13 months in a little over a week. He is SOO close to standing and walking! He likes pushing his walker all over the place, and leans on things without holding on. It has been about a week and a half since I weaned him completely. I am very engorged. But it's not painful like I would expect. It almost feels hard, like it's calcifying or something. I was told eventually I will just empty, but it is getting rather uncomfortable.

My best friend Amy is coming to visit soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment